Effective Date: January 14, 2021
At Kaibaz®, we are committed to protecting your privacy and we take great care with your information. This policy will help you understand how we use and protect your data. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much for choosing Kaibaz®.
- Information we collect
2.1 Personal information
2.1.1 General personal information
Some of our Services require knowing more about you so that we can better meet your needs. When you access these Services, we may voluntarily request that you provide us with certain information that personally identifies you (or could be used to identify you personally) (“Personal Information”). Personal information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information: (1) contact details (such as your email address and phone number); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth, your location, and your zip code); (4) Protected Health Information (as defined below), including your patient information (such as the physical therapists (“Physical Therapists”) or other health care providers you have visited, your reasons for visiting, your dates of visit visit, your medical history and other medical and health information that you choose to share with us), and (5) other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us for unique identifiers such as passwords and personal information in emails or other communications that you send to us.
2.1.2 Billing, collection and payment information
2.2 Traffic data
We may also automatically collect certain data when you use the Services, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device (s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser (s) used to access the Services; (5) refer to the website or other source through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; And (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
We may also collect additional information, which may be personal information, as described to you at the collection point or in accordance with your consent.
2.3 HIPAA and PHI
- How we collect information
We collect information (including personal information and traffic data) when you use and interact with the services and in some cases, with third-party sources. Such information includes:
- When you use the interactive tools and services of the Services, such as finding Physical Therapists, searching for available appointments with Physical Therapists, and completing medical history forms (“Case History Forms”) prior to Physical Therapist appointments;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free form text boxes through the Services and through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- When you voluntarily provide information to your Physical Therapist, your Physical Therapist may enter that information into the Services;
- If you download and install certain applications and software that we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device in order to provide you with the relevant Services, such as information that Kaenz® knows when you are connected and available Receive update or alert notifications ;
- If you download our mobile application, we need your device settings to allow us to receive information about your location (including your geolocation) and your mobile device;
- Through cookies, web beacons, website analytics services, and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”), as described below; and
- When you use the “Contact Us” feature in the mobile app, please email us or contact us.
- Tracking and “Do Not Tracking” Tools
4.1. Tracking tools
We can use the tools described below to better understand users.
- Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (also known as GIFs or pixel tags) are small graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that can be used to collect anonymous information about the use of our Services and the emails, special promotions or Newsletters that we send you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the Services or opening our emails, and for what purpose.
- Website analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Services, including, for example, the recording of mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, and text that you type in the mobile application. These website analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits on websites that do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Services more user-friendly and as set out in Section 6 (Use of Information).
- Mobile device identifiers: Mobile device identifiers are data stored on your mobile device that can track the mobile device and the data and activities that occur through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers allow the collection of personal information (such as media access control, address and location) and Traffic Data. As with other tracking tools, mobile device identifiers help Kaibaz® learn more about the demographics and Internet behaviors of our users.
4.2. Options to disable cookies and mobile device identifiers
Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) allow you to reject Cookies or alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. You may reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate settings on your mobile device. Although you do not need to accept Kaibaz® Cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all the features available through the Services. You can opt out of receiving certain Cookies and trackers by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) consumer opt-out page. When you use these opt-out features, an “opt-out” cookie will be placed on your computer or tablet indicating that you do not wish to receive interest-based advertising from NAI or DAA member companies. If you delete Cookies on your computer or tablet, you may need to leave the site.
4.3. How Kaibaz® Responds to the Browser That “Doesn’t Track” Signals
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want their online activity and behavior to be monitored. If a website operator chooses to respond to a certain DNT signal, the website operator may refrain from collecting certain personal information about the browser user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including Kaibaz®, do not take steps to respond to DNT signals. For more information on DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
- Use of information
We use your information, including Personal Information, to provide you services and to help them improve them, including:
- provide you with the products, services and information you request and respond to correspondence we receive from you;
- provide, maintain, administer, or expand the Services, conduct business analysis, or for other internal purposes to support, improve, or improve our business, the Services, and other products and services that we offer;
- notify you about certain resources or physical therapists that we think you might be interested in learning more about;
- send you information about Kaibaz® or our products or services;
- contact you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming appointment;
- send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- prevent, detect and investigate security breaches and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- We may use information that is neither personal information nor PHI (including personal information other than PHI that has been de-identified and / or aggregated) to better understand who uses Kaibaz® and how we can provide a better healthcare experience, or discretion.
- Disclosure of information
We may disclose certain information that we collect from you:
- We will share your Personal Information with Physical Therapists of your choice for the Kaibaz® Services. For example, if you complete a Form using the services before an appointment, we may share your form with your physical therapists. Additionally, if you see different Physiotherapists via the platform, we may share a Physiotherapist’s notes with another Physiotherapist, to the extent that you are a common patient and such disclosure is consistent with your treatment needs.
- We may share your Personal Information with your Physical Therapists so that they can refer you and make appointments with other Physical Therapists on your behalf or to conduct analysis on possible health problems or treatments, as long as you choose to use the applicable Services.
- We may share your Personal Information with Physical Therapists in the event of an emergency.
We may share your personal information as part of a set of aggregated and anonymous data, in which case the personal information will be de-identified.
- We may also share your personal information with organizations that collect, aggregate and organize your information so that they can make it more easily accessible to their physical therapists.
- We do not sell email addresses to third parties. We may share your email address with our business partners so they can help Kaibaz® personalize our advertising.
- We may share your personal information and traffic data with our service providers and business partners who perform basic operational services (such as hosting, billing, compliance, data storage, security, insurance verification, or website analytics set out in Section 4.1). ) And / or by making certain features available to our users.
- For the purpose of determining eligibility and cost-sharing obligations, and otherwise obtaining benefit plan information, we may share with the insurance provider that you identify to us (through our business partners) your Personal Information. insurance related.
- We may transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control of Kaibaz® (either in whole or in part). Should any of these events occur, we will do our best to notify you before your information is subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
We may also need to disclose your personal information or any other information that we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (1) comply with applicable law, regulation, court order, or other legal process; (2) protect the rights, property, or safety of Kaibaz® or another party; (3) enforce the Agreement or other agreements with you; Or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties. We may disclose information that is not personal information or PHI (including personal information other than PHI that has been de-identified and / or aggregated) at our discretion. We store and process your information on our servers in the United States and abroad. We maintain industry standard archiving and backup systems.
- Public information
Any information that you may disclose in a review or discussion post or online forum is intentionally open to the public and is in no way private. We recommend that you carefully consider whether to disclose any Personal Information in any public forum or post. What you have written may be viewed and / or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways that we cannot control or predict.
- Information Storage and Security
- Control of your personal information
If you are a registered user of the Services, you can modify some of the Personal Information that you have included in your profile or change your username by logging in and accessing your account. If you want to close your account, please email us at email@example.com. Kaibaz® will delete your account and the information related to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Note, however, that Kaibaz® reserves the right to withhold information from closed accounts, including to comply with the law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce the Agreement, and take other actions permitted by law. You must notify us promptly if any of your account data has been lost, stolen, or used without permission.
- Information provided by or on behalf of children
The Kaibaz® Platform Services are not intended for use by children. Although children can perform the Kaibaz® methodology together with their parents, it is the parent who must use our service and request the corresponding session through the platform, therefore no information is collected from children and they cannot use the platform. to request sessions, but if they can do a Kaibaz session under the supervision of their parents. By accessing, using and / or submitting information through the Services, you represent that you are not less than 13 years old. If we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under the age of 13 without the written consent of their parents, We will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or their parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he / she is unable to use the Services and we will subsequently delete that information. If you are between the ages of 13 and nearly 14, you may use the Services only with the consent or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor, you may, in accordance with the Agreement, use the Services on behalf of such minor child. Any information that you provide to us while using the Services on behalf of your minor child will be treated as Personal Information as otherwise provided in this document.
- Links to other websites